Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Vienna's Souvenir!

During my visit to the Sisi Museum in Vienna, Austria, I bought this special edition 8 se-tenant stamps sheet featuring the Empress Elisabeth, also known as 'Sisi'. This sheet depicts (from left to right, top to bottom)
  • Empress Elisabeth as Queen of Hungary, Georg Raab 1867
  • Large Salon of Empress Elisabeth
  • Replica of the diamond stars worn by Empress Elisabeth
  • The Sisi Myth
  • Detail of the room, "The Myth"
  • Copy of Elisabeth's ball gown
  • The Michael Cupola forms the entrance to the Hofburg
  • Elisabeth wearing ruby jewellery, painting by Georg Raab 1879

I shall end my posting here by sharing with you some of our Sisi Museum photos. Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails