Thursday, December 31, 2009

16 Covers to share!

Firstly, I would like to wish every single reader of this blog a Happy New Year and lots of philatelic fun for 2010!!

I have been quite busy ever since I returned from my trip. So without any further ado, I would like to share with you guys some of the covers that I received recently and also to thanks their senders.

The first beautiful cover was sent by Clarence George. It is my third cover from the Maldives! Thank you so much!

Another great cover from Jérôme! The 2 beautiful stamps franked on this cover belong to the UNESCO series, issued by La Poste in 2009. What is worth mentioning are the special postmarks on it. Thanks again for this awesome cover!

This second French cover was sent by fellow blogger, David Jastrzebski. Thanks alot! The 2 se-tenant stamps are part of a set of 4 commemorating the 150-year anniversary of the Red Cross. They were issued in 2009.

Next is a gorgeous cover sent from Macau, China. This time from fellow ICCC member, Filipe Correa Lemos. A great thanks to you should you happen to read this blog. The stamps depict the beautiful streets of Macau.
A nice surprise from Tran Qui Ninh, a new reader of this blog i assumed. Thank you very much for this lovely cover and postcard. I would be replying to you soon.


Special thanks to Zeljko Vasilik from Croatia. He took much effort to send me this awesome cover from Bosnia and Herzegovina while visiting his relatives. Thanks alot!! In fact, it is my first cover from this South-Eastern European state. The stamps belong to the "Vegetables" series, issued in 2006 and "Scout Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina" series (2002) respectively.

Another 2 lovely Turkish covers sent by fellow philatelist cum artist, Ahmet Demir. The stamps are from the "Mustafa Kemal Atatürk" definitive series (2009) and "5th World Water Forum" series respectively. In addition, I would also like to thanks Gottardi Lorenzo for this great cover and a Christmas card! It was posted on 09 December 2009 in Cogliate (Milano), Italy.
The next cover was sent from Czech Republic by Jan Strnad. Thank you! BTW you have such a beautiful country and I gonna miss it! Received these 3 lovely covers on Christmas eve (Christmas gifts from Slovakia!). They were sent by Robert Brnka. Thank you once again! These covers were postmarked in Trnava, Slovakia on 07 December 2009 and took 17 days to reach me. Next, I received this lovely Malaysian cover and 2 very awesome 'Spiders' FDCs. They were sent by Khor Kok Keong from Perak, Malaysia. Thank you my friend. I like them very much! Malaysia Post always issue very beautiful Fauna and Flora stamps, don't you think so? Lastly, I would like to apologize to all the senders for my lateness in replying. I promise to do it soonest. See you again next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails