Monday, June 22, 2009

Hi! I am back!

Hi folks! Thousand apologies for not updating this blog for the past week as I was away on a holiday in Melbourne, Australia. Yes, the "swine flu capital of the world" :p

At first, my wife and I were hesitated to proceed with the travel, but since we had been planning this holiday for more than 3 months, we decided to take the "risk" and went ahead. Though I completed my degree in Melbourne many years back, it was my wife's first visit to Melbourne and I was eager to show her "my" city. :)

In Melbourne, it was business as usual. People went about their daily lives and you don't see people wearing face masks in public. I think the media had exaggerated swine flu threats in Melbourne.

Looking back, we are glad that we had traveled to Melbourne (and survive :)). It was such an unforgettable vacation!

Back to philately... for today I would like to share with you this gorgeous cover from Georgia. A thirteen stamps wonder! Many thanks to Khatuna!

The first and last stamps franked on the top row of this cover belong to the "Beijing 2008 Olympic Games" Series, issued on 5th Dec 2008. The full set of stamps are shown below. They depict Shooting (0.1 Lari), Wrestling (0.3 Lari), Weight Lifting (0.6 Lari) & Judo (0.8 Lari).


The Grape stamp on the top row belongs to a set of 7 beautiful stamps from the "Grapes" series. It was issued on 20th March 2009.


The stamp franked on the right, third row was issued on 20th March 2009 to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of Port Poti. The Port Poti is a major seaport and harbor off the eastern Black Sea coast at the mouth of the Rioni River in Poti, Georgia.


The balance stamps are from the "Theatres of Georgia" series, issued on 29th Dec 2005. Before I go, I would like to share with you some photos of our awesome Melbourne trip. Bye for now!




Eatery @ Queen Victoria Market


State Library of Victoria


Flinders Street Railway Station

St Paul's Cathedral viewed from Fed Square

Great Ocean Road

Twelve Apostles


London Bridge


Kangeroo, national symbol of Australia


Koala @ the Koala Conservation Centre in Phillip Island


Shrine of Remembrance

2 comments:

  1. Nice Aussie pics. Glad to know that you survived Melbourne without H1N1. Nice blog. I like used Singapore stamps. If you have any extra to trade, let me know. I have extra NZ, Australia and UK used stamps.

    http://smspostcard.blogspot.com/
    http://smsphilatelic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! I will come back to you once I have used Singapore stamps to trade. You have a great blog too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails