Saturday, March 14, 2009

Singapore Postcards

Last night, while happily clicking the "send a card" button on postcrossing site, suddenly I realized that I ran out of postcards! So today, first thing first I replenished my ammunition of postcards at my favourite newspaper stand. Now I am ready to go!

Here are a few interesting cards that I have got.

My favourite! One of the "Must Do" things in Little India recommended by the Singapore Tourism Board, is to have your fortune told by a parakeet bird at an Indian fortune-teller stand along the five-foot ways of shophouses :) Click here to read the rest of the "Must Dos".

The oldest Hindu Temple in Singapore, the Sri Mariammam dates back to 1827. The preferred venue of most Hindu weddings and also where the annual fire walking ceremony or Thimithi is held.Chinatown's Food Street is a one stop destination for you to sample some delicious and authentic local delicacies. Food Street opens for business from 11 am and most of the hawkers stay open until midnight. Explore Chinatown and discover the sights, colors and sounds of ethnic district. Pick up some ethnic souvenirs and handicrafts. How about getting around town in a three-wheeler? This card shows Singapore's Downtown Core or Central Business District (CBD). It forms the economic core of Singapore, including key districts such as Raffles Place and key administrative buildings such as the Parliament House, the Supreme Court and City Hall as well as numerous commercial buildings and cultural landmarks.

Let me know should you be interested in receiving any of these cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails